mood lifters

Despite the mood of somber remembrance that gripped the nation today, I managed to scrape through the day without huddling in a Snuggie watching Glenn Beck and humming "American the Beautiful" at a dirge-like tempo. 

I will split the credit for my upbeatness between two potential causative factors: first, my recent discovery of and immediate fondness for Sweet Tea flavored vodka and the subsequent conversion of same to a routine morning caffeine source; and second, the following four specimens of hilarious media...

The first of these is obviously related to that giant infinite-syllabic volcano that everyone is talking about.  The same volcano that inspired a drunken Scotsman sporting a Hooters hoodie to interrupt a SkyNews broadcast with a tirade against Iceland. 

Because I am fascinated by all things Scots, I have obviously been fascinated by this douche and will openly admit to having searched YouTube to compare dueling remixes of "I Hate Iceland." 

So it was only natural that I would of course derive a good chuckle from the interview the "I Hate Iceland guy" conducts for Scottish radio host Paul Harper:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb_oRKIle2Q


I'm so inundated with fascincation and hilarity that I can't even specify what my favorite part of the video is!  I think it might be a toss-up among:

1) the fact that the "I Hate Iceland guy" unexpectedly has a hot-person's name (Anton), and moreover

2) requires subtitles with greater urgency than Roberto Benigni; or

3) the host gently reminding Anton, "I don't think it was [Iceland's] fault that there was a volcano though."


On the subject of wacky news drifting over from across the pond against the current of volcanic ash, I also was uplifted by three great articles from The Daily Mail.  Though the headlines contained in the URLs give a sneak-peek at the insanity within, the articles themselves are in fact even better than one might suspect:

1.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267136/Father-banned-driving-getting-wheel-toy-Barbie-car-drunk.html
"The vehicle is not even capable of doing the speed of a mobility scooter and could be outrun by a pedestrian."
"Essex Police today said officers initially warned Mr Hutton not to drive the car but they arrested him when he ignored them and tried to make a very slow getaway."
2.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266496/Violent-donkey-terrorised-farm-animals-cost-owner-6-000.html
"Paco was also implicated in the death of a rival donkey called Pablo who was killed in a next door field, the court heard."
"...we got the donkey and it was a complete nightmare. I wish I never had the thing, it was a pain in the ass."
 3.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1267208/Migraine-gives-English-woman-Chinese-accent.html
 "The first few weeks of the accent was quite funny but to think I am stuck with this Chinese accent is getting me down."
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment