Viral Idol

I know everyone not living under a rock has been inundated with people buzzing about this bowl-cut sporting, genre-bending Taiwanese kid who sounds enough like Whitney Houston to leave even Whitney Houston groping for her crack pipe in an attempt to figure out what the hell is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-tOsM6F4Y

Would it be more or less weird to know that he's 23?  I had just assumed we were all just watching for the other ball to drop.

Anyway, I'm sort of over him already, which is a short fascination even by my standards.  He's being called the "Taiwanese Susan Boyle," which means that pretty soon we're going to hear about him too selling a bunch of albums that Simon Cowell will inevitably have a manicured hand in producing, and then having a breakdown that no one will care about because we're all too busy fawning over the next reality talent show audition.

I'm far more fascinated by his rival Asian singing sensation making the rounds, the amazing Filipina shemale Reggie Ramirez, who I'm going to call the "Singing Khloe Kardashian."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTa_UHf2Yoo&feature=player_embedded

I love how s/he thanks the judges using both personas.  I wonder if when s/he goes out his left hand puts a roofie in the drink before the right hand takes a sip.  Or if when s/he's having a bad day one side bitches the other out for giving her incurable gonorrhea.

Anyway, in the middle of all this craziness over the new overnight youtube sensations, I do have to show my love for the original "Penised Susan Boyle," timid Brit mobile phone salesman turned overnight recording sensation Paul Potts.  Not sure what he's up to these days but I'm a huge fan of this guy, and I'm not ashamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxOytYLlhiQ

1 comment:

  1. I vote that you should be the next You Tube sens-Asian.

    ReplyDelete